Niche Consulting regularly publishes newsletters that are a mix of practical information, latest research and company updates. The main points of interest are listed under each newsletter date. The newsletters below are PDF files that can be downloaded.
if you would like to be on our mailing list.
- Best Practice measurement and assessment
- Niche norm Update
- Are there differences in personality and ability for different levels of leadership?
- Fraud in academic research
- Hogan Development Survey release of new sub-scales
- Setting Meaningful Goals
- Using psychometric assessments in redundancy situations - a cautionary tale
- Feedback reactions and implications for leadership development
- Hire for attitude not skills
- Cheating and fraud in psychometric assessments
- Learning Agility - "old wine in new bottles"
- Test length and selection decision quality
- Assessments and Smart Technology
- Candidate's reactions to Unsupervised Internet Testing (UIT)
- Unsupervised Internet Testing (UIT) - Concerns and Considerations
- The Peter Principle
- The invisible gorilla - how our minds deceive us
- Spotlight on the SPQ_GOLD
- Crowd behaviour and diffusion of responsibility
- The Illusion of confidence
- Human nature it is not all bad
- Spotlight on the CPI
- CPI - getting a 3100% ROI and 31% reduction in turnover
- Are our exectutives really that bright
- Assessment turnaround times
- Self-deception and narcissim
- How much do we really lie?
- A brief history of personality assessments
- Warnings to help prevent faking
- Motivation - what drives us
- New Norms for 2010
- Tips to Overcome Procrastination
- Spotlight on the PRB
- Changes to candidate feedback process
- 2 types of IQ and IQ testing
- Competencies vs Job Analysis
- Leadership Behaviours and Organisational Decline
- Strategies to contend with Faking
- Safety Research and Assessments
- Contracting versus permanent staff
- Niche standard ability tests go online
- What is the recession doing to our Psyche?
- 10 Tips for leading staff through change effectively
- Assessment Centres – current trends
- The impact of Job Insecurity on Employee Motivation
- What is the difference between a Psychologist and non-Psychologist?
- Using Assessment information for Development Purposes
- SIOP Conference San Francisco
- Faking Research and the CPI
- Change Management and Redundancy Support
- How do you know an assessment is valid?
- New IQ test for ESL candidates
- Online unsupervised ability tests available
- Why do people act unsafely in the workplace?
- Candidate feedback
- The Dark side of Personality – HDS
- How do you know what motivates your people?
- Why does the CPI ask those questions?
- How do you know a test is good?
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Counterproductive Work Behaviours
- Integrity & IQ